Get smart sunglasses: For the ultimate in convenience, consider getting a pair of smart sunglasses, like the Oakley Airwave. With these, you can receive notifications, track your fitness, and even take calls, all without ever having to take your phone out of your pocket.
1. Get a smart thermostat: A great way to save energy and money is to get a smart thermostat, like the Nest Thermostat. This will allow you to control the temperature of your home remotely, as well as set it to automatically adjust when you’re away or sleeping.
2. Get smart lighting: One of the easiest ways to upgrade your home is to get smart lighting. Smart bulbs, like Philips Hue’s, can be controlled remotely and even set to automatically turn on and off.
3. Get a smart door lock: For added security and convenience, consider getting a smart door lock. This way, you can let people in remotely, and some locks even allow you to set up an automatic locking schedule.
4. Get a smart garage door opener: Make coming home even easier by getting a smart garage door opener, like the Chamberlain MyQ. This will allow you to open and close your garage door from your phone, as well as receive alerts if it’s left open.
5. Get a smart security system: Keep your home safe with a smart security system, like the Nest Cam. This way, you can monitor your home from your phone, and even receive alerts if there’s suspicious activity.
6. Get a smart smoke detector: In case of an emergency, make sure you have a smart smoke detector, like the Nest Protect. This way, you’ll be alerted on your phone if there’s a fire, and it can even tell you the specific room it’s in.
7. Get a smart carbon monoxide detector: Along with a smoke detector, also get a carbon monoxide detector. This way, you’ll be alerted of any potentially dangerous gas leaks, even when you’re away from home.
8. Get a smart home hub: A great way to control all your smart devices is to get a smart home hub, like the Amazon Echo. With this, you can use voice commands to control your lights, thermostat, and more.
9. Get smart plugs: Smart plugs are a great way to easily add smart capabilities to any appliance or device. With these, you can turn on and off your devices remotely, as well as set timers and schedules.
10. Get a smart TV: If you want a truly immersive experience, consider getting a smart TV. With this, you can not only stream your favorite shows and movies, but also control your other smart devices.
11. Get a smart speaker: A great way to add music to your home is to get a smart speaker, like the Sonos Play:5. This way, you can wirelessly stream music from your phone or any other compatible device.
12. Get a smart home assistant: A great way to control all your smart devices is to get a smart home assistant, like the Amazon Echo Dot. With this, you can use voice commands to turn on your lights, adjust your thermostat, and more.
13. Get a smart scale: If you’re looking to get healthy, consider getting a smart scale, like the Withings Smart Body Analyzer. This way, you can track your weight, BMI, and more, all from your phone.
14. Get a fitness tracker: Another great way to get healthy is to get a fitness tracker, like the Fitbit Flex. This way, you can track your steps, calories burned, and more, all in one place.
15. Get a smartwatch: A great way to stay connected is to get a smartwatch, like the Apple Watch. With this, you can receive notifications, check the weather, and even make calls, all from your wrist.
how to make your home a smart home,
1. Install a smart thermostat
2. Get a connected lighting system
3. Add motorized window treatments
4. Invest in a home security system
5. Connect your entertainment system
6. Control your appliances with your voice
7. Put your home on autopilot with automation