There’s nothing like shopping like a local when you’re in a new country. Not only do you get to experience the culture and customs firsthand, but you also get to save money by taking advantage of the local market. If you’re planning a trip to Egypt, here are a few tips on how to shop like a local:
1. bargaining is a must – No matter what you’re buying, always remember to bargain. It’s part of the culture and it’s expected that you will haggle over prices.
2. shop at the local markets – The best place to find bargains is at the local markets. There are a variety of markets to choose from, each with its own specialty.
3. know what you’re buying – If you’re not familiar with the item you’re interested in, make sure to do your research before bargaining. This way, you’ll know if you’re getting a good deal or not.
4. be patient – Shopping like a local can be a bit of an adventure, so be prepared to take your time. haggling over prices can be a lengthy process, but it’s all part of the fun.
5. enjoy the experience – Shopping like a local is an excellent way to immerse yourself in the culture of your destination. Embrace the chaos and enjoy the bargaining process – it’s all part of the fun!
what to buy in egypt?
When it comes to shopping in Egypt, there are a few things that you should definitely keep an eye out for:
1. spices – Egypt is famous for its spices, so be sure to stock up on your favorites.
2. copper and brass items – These make for beautiful souvenirs and can be found everywhere from markets to street vendors.
3. hand-woven textiles – From scarves to tablecloths, you’ll find a wide variety of hand-woven textiles in Egypt.
4. papyrus – Papyrus is a traditional Egyptian paper made from the papyrus plant. It’s often used for calligraphy and can be found in souvenir shops around the country.
5. alabaster – Alabaster is a type of soft stone that is popular in Egypt. It’s often used for carved sculptures and can be found in a variety of shops and markets.
Can I use my credit card in Egypt
Yes, you can use your credit card in Egypt, but it’s always a good idea to have some cash on hand as well. Many places will only accept cash, so it’s best to be prepared.
What is the currency of Egypt
The currency of Egypt is the Egyptian pound.
What is the best way to get around Egypt
The best way to get around Egypt is by bus or train. Taxi cabs are also available, but they can be expensive.
Is it safe to travel to Egypt
Yes, it is safe to travel to Egypt. However, it’s always a good idea to research your destination before you go and to follow the safety guidelines of your home country’s travel advisory.