Everyone else is doing it so why can’t I?? Hehehe
Okie Dokie Here are the flicks that got me all fired up and in love with the industry this year!
10. CABIN IN THE WOODS – I’m an unashamed Joss Whedon writing fan so watching this – which is almost like an adjunct to season 4 of Buffy The Vampire Slayer – set my geek meter to mega snap!
9. SKYFALL – By far the most entertaining, cheeky and localised entry into the Bond canon. Classy, sexy and expertly written. What a cracking entertainment!
8. THE DARK KNIGHT RISES – It’s epic, it’s loose, it is the 3rd best of the series but there’s still so much to admire here! Anne Hathaway, like everything she is in these days, steals the movie from all and sundry. It’s worth it just for her.
7. MADAGASCAR 3: EUROPE’S MOST WANTED – Hands down the funniest, most demented comedy of the year whatever age you are. Loved it Loved it Loved it!
6. THE RAID – The best action film I’ve seen in decades. Kinetic, punchy and hair raising. 95 minutes of pure carnage joy!
5. ARGO – Ben Affleck establishes himself as the new Clint Eastwood with this thrillingly entertaining flick. All accolades deserved on this one!
4. THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER – I adored this movie – it’s my teen angst ridden heart getting its own movie. You must see it.
3. THE AVENGERS – Joss Whedon becomes the saviour of the blockbuster and delivers the 3rd highest grossing film of all time.
2. WEEKEND – The little gay movie that transcended its genre and gave an insight into contemporary relationships has a special place with me. A disarming experience.
1. AMOUR – Michael Haneke’s shatteringly intimate portrait of a marriage in the final stages of life is a magnificent work.
Honourable Mentions: CAFE DE FLORE, THE GREY, MARGARET, THE DESCENDANTS, HOTEL TRANSYLVANIA, HUGO, TINKER TAILOR SOLDIER SPY, THE EXPENDABLES 2, THE SAPPHIRES, THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO, HEADHUNTERS, TOMBOY, BEASTS OF THE SOUTHERN WILD, UNDEFEATED, THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL, TED, LES MISERABLES.